If its simple and beneficial – why the hell not?
- Introduce natural light into your life, you can warm your home while lightening your pockets. Simply open your blinds and let that sun shine in. If you’ve got extra funds, investing in skylights or light tubes is also a great way to save money on the energy used to light your home.
- Shop locally for your accessories and trinkets. Not only will you be introducing traditional pieces from your hometown and creating revenue within your community, you’ll be reducing the carbon footprint of your home.
- Plants, plants, plants! In any room of your home, plants will purify and add humidity your air whilst adding ambiance that you can really only get from live, natural elements.
- Buy vintage. Used furniture items not only add character to your atmosphere, they save trees and once again, reducing your carbon footprint.
- When redecorating choose recycled or sustainably conscious materials. There are many companies out there that apply ethical principles throughout their entire companies operations: sourcing, manufacturing, design and stakeholder rights. Take a second to research the company, you can find all the information you need online, just check their sustainability or core values report.