What’s more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of lemonade?
A fresh, healthy, no-sugar added glass of lemonade!
These instructions will go over the steps and ingredients for both a traditional blender and a high-speed alternative.
Yield: 1 pitcher roughly 5 glasses
- 1 lemon and a handful of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, watermelon – you name it!) Or 2 lemons if you prefer the original flavor.
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp flax-seed oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 cups water
- Wash all fruit.
- Cut ends off and quarter lemons. If you’re using a traditional blender remove the rind, pith and membranes surrounding the fruit in the lemon. (I’m using our travel blender so I’ve removed the fruit from its natural home and halved the recipe in my photos.) For high-speed blenders you may leave the quartered sections in tact.
- Place all fruit in blender.
- Add honey, flax and salt and water.
- Blend until emulsified and enjoy!
Since the recipe is fresh and without preservatives I suggest you drink the lemonade the day its made and stir or shake before serving if the pulp has settled.