One of many homemade body scrubs that are simple and beneficial!
I came up with this one when I couldn’t decide what to do with the ground flax-seed left at the bottom of the bottle.
Topically, flax-seed has been known to reduce irritation and inflammation for those suffering from eczema, psoriasis, burns, boils and acne.
And I always keep Epsom salt in the cabinet for baths and the many body scrubs I like to create. It’s only about $3 at your local pharmacy.
Epsom salt is great for a myriad of reasons:
- it eases stress and while relaxing your body
- is a natural pain reliever and that is great for menstrual cramps,
- increases nerve function and blood flow,
- assists in insulin preservation and regulation, lowering the risk of and aiding in the treatment of diabetes,
- and it removes toxins from your body.
If taken orally it can also relieve constipation.
- Epsom salt
- Ground flax-seed with oil
- Mix one part flax mix with one part Epsom salt
- Massage into damp skin
I like to keep the bottle of flax in the shower along with a reusable container with Epsom salt and mix as I apply, however, you might find it easier to premix the items and keep ready-made in the shower.
If you don’t have a bottle of leftover flax like I had, simply mix equal parts milled flax-seed with cold pressed flax-seed oil.
Enjoy! And stay tuned I’ve got more scrumptious scrubs to share with you in future posts.