This Apple Ginger Orange Tonic is just what the Dr. ordered.
Well… its winter – and runny noses, congestion, irritated skin and bloated holiday tummies are rampant.
What if there were one drink that would ease all of your woes?
Good news – there is!
Here’s The Breakdown:
- Apples – reduce bloating and constipation that come along with holiday feasts. They also help detoxify your celebratory liver and control your weight while boosting you immune system!
- Ginger – helps your body absorb nutrients, works wonders on your respiratory system and stuffy sinuses, soothes grumbly tummies and eases joint pain.
- Oranges – are packed with vitamin C for a healthy, vibrant, glowing “holiday you”. Not to mention the folic acid and folate present within these beauties helps keep your mind clear throughout the craziness that is the holidays.
- Turmeric – is a natural inflammatory that also keeps your brain healthy, skin soothed and it helps reduce the pain of winter depression.
All of these amazing benefits in one delicious beverage.
Here’s the recipe.
Yield: Roughly 2 16oz glasses
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 apple quartered
- the fruit of 2 oranges
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbs turmeric
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup ice
- Wash all fresh ingredients.
- Zest 1 orange into the blender and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until frothy and amazing.
Since this juice is natural it will separate if left to set. Leftovers will last in the fridge for a week, shake or stir before enjoying.
Apple Ginger Orange Tonic for all this holiday season…